With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for executing landscaping projects and performing routine cleaning and maintenance on gardening, grounds equipment and external facilities. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
$17.21 - $23.27
Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
What you will do
* Performs plant landscaping for assigned facility.
* Operates gas powered tools; mowers, sprayers weed-eaters, blowers, chainsaws, and hedgers
* Applies pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.
* Maintains lawns, flowerbeds, trees, and weed control; maintains and install sprinkler systems, timers and repairs lines as needed.
* Maintains ponds by unclogging and removing debris.
* Maintains all landscaping equipment.
* Maintains storm drains to ensure clear drainage to sump pump.
* Engages in special projects as assigned.
* Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
* Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
* This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
* Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
* Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
What you will need
* High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 1 year experience landscaping, production, operations, or construction environment
* Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Internal/external customer service experience.
* Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
* Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
* Must possess valid state issued driver's license.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What will set you apart
* High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 3 years of experience in landscaping, production, operations, or construction environment.
* Experience working in a team-oriented atmosphere.
* Knowledge of basic mechanical processes.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
* Exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, gases, or other irritating substances. Exposure to solvents or chemicals.
* Exposure to slippery walking surfaces: water.
* The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
* Work is 100% outside with weather of varying types.
* Wet/Slippery conditions vary and may include work in the rain.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position or in the future.
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.