Wilmington, NC 28403
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.Your Responsibilities as a Project Estimator:
Why you'll love working with us:
- Preparing comprehensive cost estimates and bid packages for a variety of stormwater related construction projects
- Meeting or exceeding bid deadlines
- Management of subcontractors and internal project managers
- Contacting vendors to obtain cost quotes for projects
- Cross-checking other bids to ensure practice consistency
- Occasional travel (5-10%) to review projects or continuing education opportunities
- Revising scope as needed based on plans and specifications
- Creating and maintaining work orders
- Coordinating with team members to account for all factors when preparing estimates
What we're looking for:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Five (5) or more years of experience with construction estimating, preferably in stormwater, utilities, erosion control and/or excavation & grading
- Demonstrates high-level of comprehension of construction processes, including familiarity with construction materials and estimating quantities
- Ability to read site plans and develop cost estimates efficiently
- Possesses a track record of establishing and maintaining working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Works well in a team environment and possesses excellent communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Organized, self-motivated, fast learner, able to multi task and unafraid of deadlines
- Stormwater experience is a plus
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Position: Project Estimator
Industry: Field Services
Location: Wilmington, NC
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal Apex Title is Assistant Construction Project Manager.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.