Stormwater Construction Technician 2
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team
Position: Construction Technician 2
Industry: Operational Services
Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Construction Tech 2:
- Ideally will have hands-on experience with repair and construction of stormwater infrastructure, concrete structures, piping, detention and retention basins.
- Crew leads will provide direction and hands-on performance of stormwater repair and maintenance projects in IA, MO, and OK, and will supervise and direct.
- Perform field labor.
- Operate hand-held and heavy construction equipment.
- Apply construction techniques.
- Maintain equipment trailer and service vehicles.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Learn regulations and compliance techniques.
- Document field observations.
- Observe safe work practices.
- Actively develop your own career path.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 750+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Willingness to travel.
- 2-4 years of construction experience with repair and construction of stormwater infrastructure, concrete structures, piping and detention/retention basins.
- Experience with operation of heavy construction equipment (e.g. skid loader, backhoe, excavator), commercial mowing equipment and string trimmers, as well as the ability to work with hand tools.
- Experience with construction, landscaping, concrete, data collection, and stormwater management concepts and techniques.
- Able to perform manual labor, lift and carry 60 pounds, work in confined spaces, and under inclement weather conditions.
- Herbicide application experience/certification, confined space certification, or 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus.
- General carpentry and plumbing experience is helpful.
- Comfortable using pickups/equipment trailers.
- Stable employment history and favorable employment references.
- Track record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Clean driving and criminal records.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- These positions require extensive overnight travel in Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Missouri. Travel is generally Monday through Friday with expenses paid.
- Compensation will be based on experience.
Interested? Apply now.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.