Sr. Project Manager
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest-growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Sr. Project Manager / Seller-Doer:
- Bring significant client relationships to support Apex's growth.
- As a senior leader, you will be fully accountable for successfully selling and consulting on environmental projects to build a sustainable business locally, while collaborating with our national team.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver financial results to grow opportunities with Apex.
- As a senior "seller/doer," contribute to the business development of Apex's environmental service area. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing relationships with strategic clients to expand Apex's profile and market share in the Gulf Coast (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Manage a diverse portfolio of environmental projects.
- Write and review technical reports and proposals.
- Prepare and deliver marketing presentations.
- Hire and manage subcontractors.
- Mentor and train scientific staff and ensure quality work product.
- Ensure safe performance of project work.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 750+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or other related field. Master's degree is preferred
- 10+ years of solid technical experience.
- 4+ years of experience with project management.
- Ability to mentor and train staff
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Strong safety awareness and a good record and understanding of safe work practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Position: Sr. Project Manager
Industry: Air/Engineering/Science Managment
Location: Houston, TX
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.