Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Scientist 1:
- Actively participate in a culture of safe work practices.
- Collect soil, water, air, and/or building material samples.
- Use and maintain field equipment.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data within various regulatory compliance monitoring programs.
- Input data into template reports.
- Actively develop your own professional growth.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 750+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering, Biology, Environmental Science, or other related field.
- 2-4 years of experience with environmental field sampling and data collection.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- The ability to multi-task and manage your own time.
- Demonstrated experience with safety programs and safe work practices.
- OSHA 10-hour construction or 40-hour HAZWOPER certification a plus.
- Provide scheduled on-call support for weekend assignments (once per month) and after-hours emergencies.
- Willingness to work an adjusted work week which may include weekends.
- Ability to travel to remote project sites.
- Understanding of stormwater and reclamation best management practices a plus.
- Light construction, or landscaping experience/hands-on skills a plus.
- Experience with data management and report preparation a plus.
- Experience completing Phase I and II ESAs a plus.
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle are required.
- Strong communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite are required.
- Oil and gas industry experience a plus.
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Position: Scientist 1
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Gillette, WY
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.