Construction Technician 2
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Construction Tech 2:
- Perform field labor.
- Operate hand-held and heavy construction equipment.
- Apply construction techniques.
- Learn regulations and compliance techniques.
- Document field observations.
- Observe safe work practices.
- Actively develop your own career path
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 750+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- GED or High School Diploma.
- OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- 2-4 years of construction experience with repair and construction of stormwater infrastructure, concrete structures, piping and detention/retention basins.
- Experience with operation of heavy construction equipment (e.g. skid loader, backhoe, excavator), hand tools.
- Able to perform manual labor.
- Knowledge of sediment and erosion control.
- General carpentry and plumbing experience is helpful.
- Comfortable using pickups/equipment trailers.
- Good driving record.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations
Interested? Apply now.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer