Mail Machine Operator
Responsible for inserting material for printing or addressing into loading racks on machines, selecting type size, and positioning plates and tapes in machine magazines.
- Place material that needs to be addressed into loading rack on mail machine.
- Select type size and dye size.
- Position plates, stencils, or tapes in machine magazines.
- Initiate machines to automatically feed plates, stencils, or tapes through mechanisms.
- Detect and fix malfunctions in machine.
- Refill ink, fill paste reservoirs, and change machine ribbons.
- Adjust guides, rollers, loose card inserters, weighing machines, and tying arms.
- Time stamp, open, read, sort, and route incoming mail with aid of machine.
- Place postage or stamps on outgoing mail.
- Fold letters, circulars, or other documents and insert into envelopes for distribution.
- Weigh mail to determine correct postage.
- Place mail in metal bins and carry to departments for distribution.
- Record registered mail.
- Perform large printing jobs.
- Weigh packages and calculate postage.
- Clear jams in sorting equipment.
- Lift heavy packages and wrap packages or bundles.
- Keep accurate records.
- Load and unload machines.
- Keep machine well-calibrated and running smoothly.