HSS will be hosting a hiring event for Security Officers in the Bay Area / Marin on January 28th, 29th an 30th. Details are below . Come be part of an amazing team!
- Starting pay is $19.00 per/hour
About the role
HSS is currently looking for Security Officers to serve our posts at major healthcare facilities. Our healthcare Security Officers are responsible for maintaining the security and safety of the hospital, its staff, and its patients and visitors -- and serve as a visible deterrent to illegal activities on hospital property. Our Security Officers also provide supervision for at-risk patients in the hospital environment.
Depending on a teammate's status of full-time or part-time, HSS offers medical, dental and vision benefits plus paid time off, 401k, life insurance, referral bonuses and a terrific employee discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provide a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include but are not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Verbally intervene during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with emotionally disturbed people, and understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
- Ability to physically intervene during crises. This includes the functional ability to physically restrain people, requiring retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as the ability to meet significant physical demands including those of a struggle with someone physically larger and heavier, while making all possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are being restrained.
- Escort persons and assist client personnel.
- Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Communicate effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors.
- Comprehend and execute written or verbal instructions.
- Write accurate, clear, and legible reports.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers, client staff members and other client vendors.
- Maintain a functional knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities.
- Enforce and abide by all policies and guidelines of the client and HSS.
- Perform other duties at the direction of the Security leader and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Current CA Guard Card is required
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to, TEAM training, HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and policies
- Valid driver's license in the state in which you reside and the ability to meet HSS' driving standards if applicable
- Prefer previous experience working with the public in a service setting
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee, patients, visitors, physicians and the general public
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and email with the ability to learn other programs such as security incident management software and/or client specific software
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance policy
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist people and provide protection
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision
HSS is a leader in integrated security services and has been serving healthcare, aviation and government facilities for more than 50 years. Today we employ more than 4,000 well trained and highly knowledgeable team members nationwide. By building on a firm foundation of communication, professionalism, relationship management and accountability, we believe HSS Officers set the standard for the security industry.
HSS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong:Greenbrae, California US
Community / Marketing Title:HIRING EVENT - Full-Time & Part-Time Security Officers - $19.00 - Healthcare Security (Bay Area / M
EEO Employer Verbiage:
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Disclaimer: The career event and job fair calendar on the website is a complimentary resource for employers and career event organizers. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to verify the dates and details of the career events and job fairs posted on our website prior to attending. The LocalJobNetwork™ disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the events posted on our website.